Let’s get real, who’s not?
From the Women’s Gymnastics Fab 5 to Mr. Phelps and Mr. Lochte to swim sensation Missy Franklin to the volleyball, rowing, diving and basketball … you name it, I probably watch it.
To date, my top 5 fave moments include:
- Gabby winning the Women’s Gymnastics all-around — what a little rockstar!
- Men’s Diving bronze medal win for David Boudia and Nick McCrory in the 10-meter platform.
- Missy Franklin’s first gold medal for the 100-meter backstroke.
- Anything including Michael Phelps and/or Ryan Lochte.
- Fab 5 clinching the Women’s Gymnastics GOLD.
As I write this, we are trailing the medal count by 1 from China — they have 61 and we have 60. But I have faith that we’ll pull out a W by the end of the games.
Overall I think that there is just something about the Games that unites a country (red, white & blue!!) and I love our daily morning conversations at work that typically start with “Did you see [insert event name here] last night??! Unreal.”
I love it. I also love knowing that our Olympians are normal, have fun and are… goofy. Enjoy:
USA — LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT.