A twist on my childhood favorite, when I saw this recipe for Funfetti Cake Batter Puppy Chow on Pinterest from one of my fave blogs Six Sisters’ Stuff I knew I’d love it. I was correct.
Be prepared that it does not taste the same as the traditional – no chocolate, no peanut butter – but it’s safe to say that there is definitely room in my heart for this tasty treat.
- 5 cups Chex cereal
- 10 oz (5 squares) vanilla flavored Almond Bark — I used 6 squares!!
- 1 1/2 cups Funfetti cake mix (any kind of cake mix would work)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vegetable shortening
- Melt Almond Bark according to the package directions, adding vegetable shortening to thin.
- Pour the cereal into a large bowl and drizzle the melted Almond Bark over the cereal.
- Mix gently with a large spoon or spatula.
- Dump the cake mix and powdered sugar onto the cereal and mix gently with large spoon until all the cereal is evenly coated.
Source: Six Sisters’ Stuff