These little guys are addicting! I’d found the recipe (where else?) on Pinterest and decided to try them out. AMAZING. Since my initial recipe trial, I’ve had various other girlfriends try them out and it’s a positive response across the board. It’s the perfect combination of flavor, consistency and … energy? Who knows but please let me know what you think!
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
- 1 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1″ in diameter.)
- Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Makes about 20-25 balls.
- Replace peanut butter with any nut butter (almond butter, sunflower seed butter, etc.)
- Replace chocolate chips with chopped dried fruit, dried berries, chopped almonds, pecans or sunflower seeds or any other chips (butterscotch, dark chocolate, etc)
- Do not replace the honey – it holds everything together!
Source: Gimme Some Oven