About a week ago I was struggling to decide on what to make for lunch. I just so happened to have all the ingredients on hand for homemade mac ‘n’ cheese so decided to whip up a batch. Solid decision.
HOMEMADE MACARONI ‘N’ CHEESE
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 4 cups Milk
- 1 lb Cheddar Cheese
- 1 lb Pasta
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Boil noodles and drain.
- Melt all butter and mix in flour. Be sure to get all the lumps out.
- When smooth, add milk and turn on high heat. Keep stirring.
- When the mixture starts to thicken, turn the heat down and add the cheese. Add slowly and keep stirring so it all melts.
- Add noodles to cheese mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- **Extra Step** You can put this in a baking dish and add parmesan cheese and bread (or cracker) crumbs and bake on 350 for 10-15 min if you want to make an easy to serve casserole.
Serves approximately 10 people.