A while back my work team decided to have a little potluck lunch. Um. I’m going to go ahead and say we knocked it out of the park:
Our spread was siiiiiick. Everyone really stepped up — needless to say I was impressed.
As we were eating, I kept hearing this buzz about my teammate Kelsey’s oreo dessert. Words in line with “to die for” “seriously don’t miss this” “i went back for seconds … then thirds” were being thrown around repeatedly. So I jumped on board and the comments were accurate.
Oreo Layer Dessert
1 pkg of regular Oreos
1/2 c. of butter
1 lg box of instant chocolate pudding
2-8 oz cool whips
8 oz. of cream cheese, softened
1 c. powdered sugar
- Crush the whole package of cookies either with a food processor, or in a bag and a rolling pin. Save a 1/2 c. to sprinkle on top of dessert when it’s done. Pour remaining crumbs in a 13×9 pan.
- Melt butter and pour into crumb mix.
- Stir it up good and press crumbs in bottom of pan to make a crust.
- Make chocolate pudding according to package directions and let it setup in the fridge.
- In a mixing bowl blend cream cheese until nice and smooth and then add powdered sugar, mix. Then fold in 1-8 oz thing of cool whip.
- Top oreo layer with cream cheese mix, then pudding, then your last 8 oz thing of cool whip, and then sprinkle remaining Oreo’s on top.
- Cover and refridgerate until ready to serve.