One word to describe this recipe: YUM!!
I think I’ve just established my new go-to recipe in the cookie department:
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 12-ounce jar creamy peanut butter
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup multi-colored chocolate candies
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup raisins, optional
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats.
- In a very large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugars. Mix well.
- Add the salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter. Mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate candies, chocolate chips, raisins, if using, baking soda, and oatmeal.
- Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Let stand for about 3 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.
Source: The Food Network, Paula Dean