Often times I’ll buy bananas and those suckers will go ripe before I eat them! When this conveniently happens, I place the bananas in the freezer until it’s time for some good, homemade banana bread. I usually go with Aunt Lisa’s recipe but this time around I decided to live on the edge with this Weight Watchers recipe. My co-workers would most likely agree with this decision as the bread was gone before I even got a piece… ENJOY!!
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp canola oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- 3 large bananas, ripe
- 1 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
- Add oil and eggs; mix thoroughly.
- In a smaller bowl, mash bananas with a potato masher or fork.
- Add bananas and oatmeal to batter.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into pan and bake until top of loaf is firm to touch, 45 to 55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes. Flip out and cool on a wire rack for another 10 minutes.