Ever since my brother and I have lived in the city, we’ve moved our Petersen Annual Christmas Eve morning celebration here as well. I host our fam for presents and Christmas Eve Brunch.
Christmas Eve morning has been a tradition all of my 26 years and it’s the only time throughout the Christmas season where we celebrate just us 4
This year I’m more excited than ever to host as I’m going to put a new spin on our traditional Egg Casserole recipe — adding bacon!
EGG CASSEROLE RECIPE (+ BACON!)
- 8 slices white bread (buttered and cut in cubes)
- ½ lb. American cheese (grate)
- 3 c. milk
- 6 well-beaten eggs
- ¾ tsp. dry mustard
- ¾ tsp. salt
- Some onion (diced)
- 10 pieces Bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- Alternate bread, bacon and cheese in buttered casserole dish.
- Mix all other ingredients together.
- Pour milk and egg mixture over.
- Let stand in refrigerator overnight.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.
I apologize for no photo but trust me: This recipe does not fail. And it’s so easy.