Since September 1, 2011, Lin and I have wanted to do something with the blank canvas above our couch:
- Determine the vibe you’re going for. Our living room furniture is neutral so we wanted the wall collage to add some spice. After our inaugural visit to Home Goods (my new heaven) we decided on a brown/black/gold look.
- Select the photographs you want for each frame (8×10, 5×7, 4×6, 4×4). This was a doozy.
- Measure on the wall how large you would like your collage to be, height and width.
- Re-create that on the floor and lay out your frames within the space. We ended up using a bit more space than originally planned, but we knew we had the wall space:
- Fill in the pictures:
- Re-create on the wall what you have on the floor. We just went for it, hanging the first picture. Boom.
- Frame by frame, put up the collage. In the homestretch we used the timer function on my camera to test out different arrangements, just in case:
No go. We went with what we had originally laid out on the floor. With a tape measure, hammer, and gut-instinct, we NAILED it (pun intended) and could not be happier with the addition to our home:
Please ignore the messiness in these pictures…
We’re in love. Please be inspired to do something meaningful and unique in your home. Have a bomb.com Saturday!