My roommate Lin has a bomb family lasagna recipe. In fact, every time it’s her turn to cook dinner for the week, I want her to make it … you think I’m kidding.
-No bake lasagna noodles
-1 jar spaghetti sauce (we picked one with onion and garlic)
-1 lb ground beef (minimum, feel free to use up to 2 lbs)
-1 package mozzarella cheese
-parmesan cheese (to taste)
-1.5-2 cups small curd cottage cheese
-salt & pepper (to taste)
-1 package frozen spinach
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brown meat in saucepan.
- Add marinara sauce to meat, simmer on low.
- In a small bowl mix eggs, cottage cheese, salt & pepper.
- Defrost spinach.
- Add a small amount of water in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan so the no bake noodles will bake correctly.
- LAYERING! In the 9 x 13 pan layer in this order: noodles then meat mixture then frozen spinach then eggs mixture then mozzarella cheese then parmesan cheese. Repeat 2 additional times (3 layers total).
- Sprinkle some additional cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 (ish) minutes — it is done when the cheese is golden brown on top.
- Enjoy – makes about 8 servings.
If you haven’t noticed, this recipe isn’t as black and white as others. It’s a family recipe that we alter every time we make it. No link and adjust as you like. Try different cheeses, add different vegetables (i.e. spinach) or just go with tradition: meat and cheese. It’s all about what works for you so take this recipe and run with it… and please report back if you come up with anything amazing 🙂