Talk about a belated Sunday night post…
Lately I’ve been trying to put unique spins on classic desserts. I think it’s fun and my co-workers think it’s delicious … so really everyone wins. Wind the clock back to September 6th and I brought in birthday treats: Dirt Cup Parfaits – a spin on the old school “dirt” dessert that we all loved as kids. They were such a hit that multiple people went back for seconds. I used the classic Dirt Recipe from Kraft, you can find by clicking here. Here’s my spin:
Dessert Experiment #1: DIRT CUP PARFAITS
***Please note this recipe yields 10 cups***
- BEAT pudding mix and milk in large bowl with whisk 2 min. Let stand 5 min. Stir in COOL WHIP.
- FILL the bottom of each cup with one layer of crushed OREOs.
- PLACE 1-2 spoonfuls of dirt mixture into cups to cover OREOs.
- POUR one layer of crushed Chips Ahoy to cover mixture.
- REPEAT step 3: place 1-2 spoonfuls of dirt mixture into cups to cover OREOs.
- SPRINKLE top of dirt mixture with remaining OREO crumbs.
- PLACE 1-2 gummy worms in each parfait
- REFRIGERATE at least 1 hour before serving.