As soon as I heard “zucchini” I knew I’d love this recipe. Have I told you about my new obsession with zucchini? I’ve heard that our taste buds change throughout our lifespan and you’ll like new/different foods. For me, that’s zucchini (I hope my mom is reading this). Anyway, here’s the recipe:
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 45 min
Level of Difficulty: Moderate
- Preheat oven to 500ºF (260ºC)
- Coat a baking pan with cooking spray and lay the tomatoes and zucchini on it.
- Roast the vegetables for 10-12 minutes.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, saute the beef, onion and garlic until the beef is browned.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Spread the beef mixture in a large, shallow baking dish and top with the roasted vegetables.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF (175ºC)
- Whisk together the cottage cheese, egg yolk, cheddar cheese, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Spoon over top of the roasted vegetables and smooth with a rubber spatula.
- Bake until very hot and bubbling around the edges, 35 minutes.
- Cut into four equal pieces ***we did 6 pieces!!
Review: BOMB. It ended up being more of a “serve in a bowl, eat with a spoon” type meal, but tasted good every single night. It only has 6 servings so 3 nights a person, but that worked because I usually have at least one night a week where I’m not eating dinner at home and I left for Dallas on Thursday.
So far Lin and I are 2 for 2 in awesome recipes… here’s hoping this trend continues.