With Halloween … TOMORROW, here are some of my favorite spook-tacular recipes:
NUTTER BUTTER GHOST COOKIES
1 package Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Cookies by Nabisco
1 package Almond Bark
Mini Chocolate Chips
- Melt almond bark in a sauce pan over low heat.
- Place Nutter Butter cookies on wax paper.
- Pour melted almost bark over Nutter Butter Cookies (or dip the cookies into the almond bark)
- Add mini chocolate chips as ghost eyes.
- Let dry completely before serving.
CANDY CORN COCKTAIL
1 cup candy corn
1.5 cups vodka
2 oz. orange liqueur
1 lemon, juiced
1 egg white, large
- Mix 1/2 cup candy corn with vodka in air-tight jar and let sit for a minimum of 3 hours. (Hint: Do this in the morning for truly candy corn infused vodka.)
- Strain candy corn from vodka.
- Add 4 oz. of vodka, orange liqueur, egg white and lemon juice to a drink shaker filled with ice.
- Shake fast for about 20 seconds and serve in martini glasses.
- Toss in a few candy corn for your Halloween candy corn-tini!
FUDGY GRAVEYARD BROWNIES
1 Brownie Mix, 8×8 size
6 Milano Cookies (for grave)
5 Oreo Cookies, crushed
6 Pumpkin candy corns
6 normal candy corns
1 Cup melted chocolate for frosting and piping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake brownies in an 8×8 inch pan lined with foil, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Let cool completely then cut into 6 rectangles.
- Frost with melted chocolate reserving 2 Tablespoons for piping the cookies.
- Pipe RIP onto the Milano Cookies then press into the back of each brownie.
- Top with a candy corn pumpkin and candy corn.
- Sprinkle with crushed Oreos for the “dirt.”
1/2 cup vanilla frosting, divided
36 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
12 large marshmallows
1 drop each green, red and yellow food coloring, optional
1/4 cup flaked coconut
12 chocolate wafers
12 miniature peanut butter cups
12 milk chocolate kisses
For the face:
- Place a dab of frosting on the bottom of three chocolate chips.
- Press two for eyes and one for nose onto each marshmallow.
For the hair:
- Combine green food coloring and a drop of water in a small resealable plastic bag.
- Add coconut and shake well.
- Spread a small amount of frosting on sides of marshmallows.
- Press coconut hair into frosting.
- Place 3 tablespoons of frosting in a small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag
- Tint orange with red and yellow food coloring.
- Set aside.
For the hats:
- Spread some of the remaining frosting in the center of chocolate wafers.
- Press peanut butter cups upside down into frosting.
- Lightly spread bottoms of chocolate kisses with frosting.
- Place on peanut butter cups.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of pastry or plastic bag.
- Insert a small star tip.
- Fill the bag with frosting and pipe stars around the base of each peanut butter cup.
- Secure a hat to each witch with a dab of frosting.
HALLOWEEN WHOOPIE PIES
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (spooned and leveled)
1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 large egg 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
Orange nonpareils or sanding sugar, for decoration
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat 1/2 cup butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat until smooth. With mixer on low, alternately add flour mixture and applesauce, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Mix just until smooth (do not overmix).
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons, 2 inches apart, onto two baking sheets. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cookie comes out clean, 10 to 14 minutes.
- With a thin metal spatula, immediately transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make filling: In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat vanilla and remaining 1/2 cup butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add confectioners sugar, beating until smooth.
- Spread bottom of half the cookies with 1 tablespoon filling each; sandwich with remaining cookies, pressing gently so filling oozes out slightly.
- Sprinkle exposed filling with nonpareils.
- Let rest 15 minutes to set.
Add applesauce to the batter for soft and moist results.
I HOPE YOUR HALLOWEEN IS SPOOK-TACULAR!!!